Adobe Creative Cloud for Digital Art and Design
Digital art and design just got more creative with Adobe Creative Cloud. I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I subscribed to Adobe CC. Buying a subscription was happenstance because I needed a current version of Dreamweaver, which now resides on Adobe’s Creative Cloud.
Now I am walking on a cloud. I grab free fonts from TypeKit, play with color palettes at Adobe Color CC, share my portfolio online and follow my favorite designers on Adobe’s Behance, integrate Adobe iPhone and iPad apps with Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign,Â etc.
The sky is the limit. Adobe even provides templates to put up your website if you have a URL. I made a basic portfolio website, PatriciaWiskur with Behance in a matter of hours, thanks to Adobe templates.
Discover the Adobe Community on Behance.net
View tutorials live onÂ Behance Live and YouTube/Adobe CC channel. Subscribe to be alerted of the current live stream schedule.
My favorite live streams from France, 2017, can be seen on YouTube as replays. Moderators for the live streams are Michael Chaize, Head of Creative Cloud Live Streams at Adobe, andÂ Rufus Deuchler, Principal Manager of Creative Cloud Evangelism Adobe.
In 2017, they filmed artists and designers from London, Amsterdam, Paris, Barcelona, etc., as the artists work in real time.
You can watch replays on YouTube/Adobe Creative Cloud and on YouTube by search.
Favorite Adobe Live Streams from France
Adobe Live gives an inside glimpse into how the pros approach an art project. Filmed live from Paris and California, the Adobe team films artists who work from concept to finished art, using sketch pads, iPads, Apple Pencils, computers, tablets, and Adobe CC. The live streams are lengthy, two-hours each, and provide a rare insight into an artist’s working style.
These are some of my favorite Adobe CC streams from Paris, that you can replay onÂ YouTube:
- Maite Franchi: creates three illustrations from sketches with Adobe Illustrator, working with symbols, original color palettes, and design tips; then adds texture to her art in Photoshop (watch Maite’s AdobeLive YouTube video to see how she executes her bird house in Illustrator and Photoshop)
- Marie-Laure Cruschi: has a French design studio, CRUSCHIFORM
- Pieter Ceizer: demonstrates typography and hand lettering – Pieter is a superstar from the Netherlands now living in Paris, with clients such as Nike, Tommy Hilfiger,Â Coca-Cola, etc. Visit his website or see him on Instagram.
- Swerve from the UK: free-lance designer with his own popular YouTube tutorial channel and eclectic style
- Amanda Berglund, free-lancer from Sweden, creates in real time a poster for an exhibition for Danish designer Finn Juhl and re-brands Science Illustrated with a new cover design – see her on Behance
- Tina Touli: London based illustrator. In three sessions Tina creates a poster and pamphlet design to celebrate the 30th year anniversary of Adobe Illustrator – must see all three videos (link to the third of three session).
- Victoria Uvaldy: illustrator from Barcelona – a modern approach to magazine design with Adobe InDesign. Victoria covers the nuts and bolts process from conception to layout with photos and text.
Illustration Tee-Shirt Art Streamed Live from San Francisco
In February, AdobeLive streamed fromÂ San Francisco, with talented U.S. designers and their creative process, during a 3-day marathon that included portfolio revue, tee-shirt art, drawings for free subscriptions to Adobe CC, and tips and resources. Check out replays of the event artists on YouTube/Adobe CC or Adobe Live:
- Kyle Webster (famous for the Kyle Brush and brush sets for Illustrator and Photoshop): an illustrator, designer, and art instructor; also on Instagram
- Jennet Liaw: graphic design, branding, and typography
- Robert Generette III: Rob Zilla is an “illustrator, educator, and vector art monster”
- Erin Gallagher: illustrator and designer – POP culture and portraits
- Cryssy Cheung: see her Etsy Shop for prints
- Orlando Arocena: Orlando designed the dynamic splash screen for Adobe Illustrator CC 2014. Find portfolio on Behance.net
Watch Maite Franchi create her birdhouse in Illustrator in real time!